Spanish Income Tax Calculator 2017/18
***** Note ***** The Spain Tax Calculator is new, first published on 07th October 2017. If you spot an error with any of the tax information, calculations or tables, please contact us or leave a message on our Facebook Page.
The Spanish Income Tax Calculator is designed for individuals living in Spain and filing their tax return in Spain who wish to calculate their salary and income tax deductions for the 2017 Tax Assessment year (1st January 2017 - 31st December 2017). You can include your income, Capital Gains, Overseas Pensions, Donations to charity and allowances for family members. You can also select future and historical tax years for additional income tax calculations (where figures are held, if you would like to calculate your income tax deductions for Spain for a year which is not shown please contact us and we will integrate the relevant tax tables).
Enter your employment income and expenses to produce an income tax calculation for Spain or select advanced to edit the default setting and change the salary calculation to match your circumstances.
How to calculate Tax in Spain
The Spanish Tax Calculator was launched on the 4th October 2017 to support our community of Users in Spanish and those looking at employment opportunities and comparing salaries in Spanish. If you spot a bug with this tool, please leave us a message on Facebook or contact us via our website. Please get in touch if you would like us to add additional information, payslip examples or specific reports. We develop our tools to support our community, the more you engage, the more we can support and tailor the Spanish Tax Calculator to support your needs.
If you are an expat living in Spain, you can enter other income / pension income in the advanced tax calculator to compte tax without Social Security deductions
Calculating income tax in Spain couldn't be easier. Simply follow the steps below.
- Select 'Simple' to use the simple Spanish tax calculator, this only requires your annual salary.
- Enter Your Salary
- Choose the calculation layout or calculation explanation as required
- optional: Select the advanced calculator to include Charitable Donations, Capital Gains (Interest etc.), include dependants deductions, enter your income period (day, hourly rate, month etc.), pension contributions, employer salary package details, hours worked and more. The more details you enter, the more refined the Spanish tax calculation will be.
About the Spanish Income Tax Calculator
The Spanish Income Tax Calculator is designed to allow you to calculate your income tax and salary deductions in Spain. The calculator is provided for your free use on our website, whilst we aim for 100% accuracy we make no guarantees as to the accuracy fo the calculator. If you spot an error or would like additional elements added such as medical, pension or other deductions please contact us with your request and provide additional information or a link to supporting information. We constantly refine and develop our tax calculators based on our community feedback so your time and feedback really does makes a difference. We develop the tool for our community so you can shape the calculator and results to suit your personal or business needs.
Tax in Spain is calculated by combining the States general tax rate and regional tax rates. The default setting is for Madrid, you can choose another Region to see how much tax is due for a specific Region in Spain as required.
You can claim tax deductions on your earnings in Spain for:
- Social Security payments (into Spanish system only!)
- Pension contributions
- Charitable donations
- Initial earnings from dividend interest (capped, for specific cap, see the tax tables for the specific year in the tax calculator dropdown)
- Costs associated with buying/renovating your main home
- Dependants who live with you and earn less than 0,00 € per annum ( earning cap) 0,00 € for Over 65s, 0,00 € for over 75s
- Weekly income tax and salary calculation based over 52 equal payments per year as default. Assumption is that any holiday pay is paid pro-rata. You can adjust this in the advanced calculator settings
- The hourly rate is based on the number of hours worked per week (default is 35 hours per week, you can change this in the advanced calculator settings)
- The number of working days per year is defaulted to 253 working days, you can change the default number of working days in advanced tax calculator
- The Income tax calculator uses your annual salary by default, if you prefer to calculate your annual income tax using a different payment period, please change the income period in the advanced settings. Please note that the change will only apply to Employment Income and Employment expenses, all other tax credits and tax deductions are considered as annual in this income tax calculator.
Popular Tax & Finance Guides and Calculators
People who read 'Spanish Income Tax Calculator 2017/18 ' also viewed the following guides and finance calculators:
Spanish Income Tax Calculators & Guides
- Spanish Tax and Finance
- Income Tax Calculators
- Annual Tax Calculator
- Monthly Tax Calculator
- Four Weekly Tax Calculator
- Fortnightly Tax Calculator
- Weekly Tax Calculator
- Daily Tax Calculator
- Hourly Tax Calculator