Triangular Pyramid Volume Calculator
The pyramid volume calculator will provide you the volume of the pyramid based on the triangle height, base and pyramid height. The calculator will add each new pyramid volume you enter to all you to calculate the volume of several pyramids using the same calculator without refreshing the page.
Note that the volume of a Triangular pyramid is calculated differently to that of a Square Pyramid. Use the volume of a Square Pyramid calculator for appropriate volume calculations.
- Enter Base triangle (the triangle on the bottom) height
- Enter Base triangle base width (base is bottom if stood up)
- Enter the height of the pyramid and click calculate
What is a Pyramid?
A pyramid is a [three-dimensional solid object] polyhedron formed by connecting a polygonal base and to a point, called the apex.
The Volume of a Triangular Pyramid is calculated using the following equation:
- (Area of Base x Height) ÷ 3
[Note that the base is a Triangular therefore the area is ½ base x height ]
Note: Remember to use the same measurement unit for each dimension when calculating the volume of an object.
The volume of solid objects are measured in:
- cubic feet
- cubic meters
- cubic yards
The volume of liquids are measured in:
The online Triangular Pyramid calculator below will automatically calculate the volume of the Triangular Pyramid based on the measurements you enter.
You will also have a running total which builds as you enter new dimensions into the volume calculator.
Mathematics Volume Calculators
- Cube Volume Calculator - a cube is a three-dimensional solid object bounded by six square faces, facets or sides, with three meeting at each vertex.
- Cone Volume Calculator - a cone is an three-dimensional geometric shape that tapers smoothly from a base (usually flat and circular) to a point called the apex or vertex.
- Cylinder Volume Calculator a cylinder is a three-dimensional solid object that has 2 parallel bases that are congruent circles of same diameter.
- Rectangular Prism Volume Calculator - a rectangle is any quadrilateral with four right angles. A prism has the same cross section all along its length
- Irregular Prism Volume Calculator - A prism has the same cross section all along its length. An irregular shape is a shape which does not conform to standard defined and repeatable mathematical rules
- Pyramid Volume Calculator - a pyramid is a [three-dimensional solid object] polyhedron formed by connecting a polygonal base and to a point, called the apex.
- Sphere Volume Calculator - a sphere is a perfectly round geometrical three-dimensional solid object.
- Ellipsoid Volume Calculator - An ellipsoid is a three-dimensional solid object with closed quadric surface that is a three dimensional analogue of an ellipse
Popular Math Calculators
People who used the 'Triangular Pyramid Volume Calculator | Online mathematics calculators with explanation of math formula' also viewed the following math calculators: