Irregular Prism Volume Calculator
The following guide explains what an irregular Prism is, how to tell the difference between and irregular prism and a regular prism and how to calculate the volume of an irregular prism.
Below is an online calculator that will calculate the volume of an irregular prism for you. You can add several irregular prism metrics to calculate the sum of several irregular prisms as well as viewing the volume for each irregular prism entered..
What is an Irregular Prism?
A prism has the same cross section all along its length. The diagram further down this page shows an example of an irregular prism which has then be split into sections. Each cross section of the irregular prism has exactly the same dimensions and area.
An irregular shape is a shape which does not conform to standard defined and repeatable mathematical rules.
The Volume of an Irregular Prism is calculated using the following equation:
- Base x Height
Note: Remember to use the same measurement unit for each dimension when calculating the volume of an object.
The volume of solid objects like irregular prisms are measured in:
- cubic feet
- cubic meters
- cubic yards
The volume of liquids are measured in:
The online Irregular Prism calculator below will automatically calculate the volume of the Irregular Prism based on the measurements you enter.
You will also have a running total which builds as you enter new dimensions into the volume calculator.
Mathematics Volume Calculators
- Cube Volume Calculator - a cube is a three-dimensional solid object bounded by six square faces, facets or sides, with three meeting at each vertex.
- Cone Volume Calculator - a cone is an three-dimensional geometric shape that tapers smoothly from a base (usually flat and circular) to a point called the apex or vertex.
- Cylinder Volume Calculator a cylinder is a three-dimensional solid object that has 2 parallel bases that are congruent circles of same diameter.
- Rectangular Prism Volume Calculator - a rectangle is any quadrilateral with four right angles. A prism has the same cross section all along its length
- Irregular Prism Volume Calculator - A prism has the same cross section all along its length. An irregular shape is a shape which does not conform to standard defined and repeatable mathematical rules
- Pyramid Volume Calculator - a pyramid is a [three-dimensional solid object] polyhedron formed by connecting a polygonal base and to a point, called the apex.
- Sphere Volume Calculator - a sphere is a perfectly round geometrical three-dimensional solid object.
- Ellipsoid Volume Calculator - An ellipsoid is a three-dimensional solid object with closed quadric surface that is a three dimensional analogue of an ellipse
Popular Math Calculators
People who used the 'Irregular Prism Volume Calculator | Online mathematics calculators with explanation of math formula' also viewed the following math calculators:
- Number Format Converter
- Degrees to Radians Converter
- Pressure Converter
- Speed Distance Time Calculator
- Binary to Decimal Converter
- Distance Converter
- Height Converter
- Imperial Converter
- Length Converter
- Distance Converter
- Mass, Density & Volume Calculator
- Volume of a Cone Calculator
- Volume of a Cube Calculator
- Rectangular Cuboid Volume Calculator
- Volume of an Ellipsoid Calculator
- Volume of an Irregular Prism Calculator
- Volume of a Pyramid Calculator
- Volume of a Rectanglular Prism Calculator
- Volume of a Sphere Calculator
- Volume of a Triangle Pyramid Calculator
- Rhombus Calculator
- Stadium Geometric Shape Calculator
- Annulus Calculator
- Advanced Polygon Calculator
- Regular Polygon Calculator
- Rectangle Calculator
- Pythagoras Triangle Calculator
- Arc Of Circle Calculator
- Circle Calculator
- Square Calculator
- Rectangular Prism Calculator
- Square Pyramid Calculator
- Frustum Calculator
- Tube Weight Calculator
- Cone Calculator
- Cylinder Calculator
- Prism Calculator
- Sphere Calculator
- Cube Calculator
- Rectangular Cuboid Calculator
- Gradient Calculator
- Slope Calculator
- Percentage Calculator
- Exponents Calculator
- Common Factors
- Math Powers
- Square Root Calculator
- Ratio Division Calculator
- Ratio Calculator
- Force Calculator