Cone Volume Calculator
Simply enter the base radius and height of the cone to calculate the volume of the cone. Enter multiple cone values and the calculator will add your cone volume results to allow calculation of several cones in one calculator.
What is a Cone?
A cone is an three-dimensional geometric shape that tapers smoothly from a base (usually flat and circular) to a point called the apex or vertex.
The Volume of an Cone is calculated using the following equation:
- (Base x Height) ÷ 3
[with Base being equal to pi r2 which is the equation for the volume of a circle. r is the Radius which is the distance from the centre of the circle to its outer edge]
Note: Remember to use the same measurement unit for each dimension when calculating the volume of an object.
The volume of solid objects are measured in:
- cubic feet
- cubic meters
- cubic yards
The volume of liquids are measured in:
The online Cone calculator below will automatically calculate the volume of the Cone based on the measurements you enter.
You will also have a running total which builds as you enter new dimensions into the volume calculator.
Mathematics Volume Calculators
- Cube Volume Calculator - a cube is a three-dimensional solid object bounded by six square faces, facets or sides, with three meeting at each vertex.
- Cone Volume Calculator - a cone is an three-dimensional geometric shape that tapers smoothly from a base (usually flat and circular) to a point called the apex or vertex.
- Cylinder Volume Calculator a cylinder is a three-dimensional solid object that has 2 parallel bases that are congruent circles of same diameter.
- Rectangular Prism Volume Calculator - a rectangle is any quadrilateral with four right angles. A prism has the same cross section all along its length
- Irregular Prism Volume Calculator - A prism has the same cross section all along its length. An irregular shape is a shape which does not conform to standard defined and repeatable mathematical rules
- Pyramid Volume Calculator - a pyramid is a [three-dimensional solid object] polyhedron formed by connecting a polygonal base and to a point, called the apex.
- Sphere Volume Calculator - a sphere is a perfectly round geometrical three-dimensional solid object.
- Ellipsoid Volume Calculator - An ellipsoid is a three-dimensional solid object with closed quadric surface that is a three dimensional analogue of an ellipse
Popular Math Calculators
People who used the 'Cone Volume Calculator | Online mathematics calculators with explanation of math formula' also viewed the following math calculators: