Ratio is a mathematical term to show the relationship between two numbers of the same kind. This ratio calculator is a good calculator for solving math ratio problems including relative ratio calculations and understanding ratios in their simplest form. In addition to this ratio calculator, iCalculator has several good ratio calculators which can be used to calculate ratio division, ratio multiplication, ratio simplification and more complex math ratio formula. You can find links to our other good ratio calculators below the simple ratio calculator.
Ratios can be expressed in several ways, this ratio calculator calculates ratios and displays the results using various ratio expressions as shown below:
- The ratio of A to B
- Form 1:n and n:1
- A is to B as C is to D
The ratio calculations can be saved to a table by clicking the "Add to Table" button, this is useful when you need to calculate several ratios and then compare the ratios on completion
How can Ratios be expressed?
Ratios can be expressed in a numbers of ways, as a decimal, a fraction as a related comparison or as is more commonly seen a percentage. for example a ratio of 1 to 2 can be expressed as:
- 1-2 is a ratio expressed in using a hyphen, whilst this is quite commonly used it should be avoided as the hyphen also represents the minus sign in math and can be confusing in long algorithms or if using computer code or computers to process a math calculation
- 1:2 is a ratio expressed in typical math format using a colon
- 1 to 2 is a ratio expressed in written words
- 1 per 2 is a ratio expressed in written words
- 0.5 is a ratio expressed as a decimal number
- 50% is a ratio expressed as a percentage
- ½ is a ratio expressed as a fraction
Learn more about Ratios or try one of our popular ratio calculators below.
- Aspect Ratio Calculator: Aspect Ratio is the ratio of the width against the height of a rectangle. This is expressed as either the simplest values (e.g. 4:3) or as the width value against 1 (e.g. 1.33:1)
- Equivalent Ratios Calculator: Calculate equivalent ratios for ratio simplification and alternate common ratio identification
- Ratio Division Calculator: This Ratio Division Calculator allows you to divide an amount by a specific ratio. The ratio should be entered as numbers separated by a colon, e.g. 1:2:3
- Ratio Simplifier Calculator: The ratio simplifier calculator is a user friendly and time saving online calculator to simplify the ratios in the form of A : B. the two constituents of the ratio can range from integers and decimals to simple and mixed fractions.
- Ratio to Fraction Calculator: This math calculator helps you with calculation of the fraction equivalents relating to the ratio terms provided by you. In addition, the calculator also displays the fractions reduced to their simplest form.
- Golden Ratio Calculator: Calculate the Golden ratio between two numbers with our free online Golden ration Calculator. Find clear explanation of how a golden ratio is calculated and explore the concept of the golden ratio. Did you know that a lot of architects and artists believe the golden ratio brings out the most beautiful and pleasant shapes, patterns and structure? The golden ratio is quite amazing and this article and guide explain why.
You may also find the following Math calculators useful.