The income tax calculator for Lithuania allows you to select the number of payroll payments you receive in a year, this could be 12 (1 a month), 13 (with bonus), 14 (with additional payments) or more, you can choose the number of payroll payments in the year to produce an annual income tax calculation. Once you have produce your income tax calculation for Lithuania, you can print the calculation and/or email it to yourself (or colleagues etc.) for later use. You can find detailed instruction on how to calculate your income tax in Lithuania using the Lithuania Income Tax Calculator for 2020 further down this page, we also provide a few payroll examples which can be used to understand how this calculators can help you calculate income tax due in Lithuania based on regular or irregular payroll payments.
Lithuania Income Tax Calculator 2020: List of payments entered for Tax Calculation
Lithuania Income Tax Calculator - Key Features
The Lithuania Income Tax Calculator, part of our suite of Lithuania Payroll, Salary and Tax calculators, is updated for the 2020 tax year using the latest tax tables published by the Government in Lithuania. Let's look at some of the key features of this tax calculator:
- Choose the number of payment you receive in a given period, this could be 2 payments per month, 14 payments a year or more. The income tax calculator is very diverse and can handle all payroll payment scenarios, see the payroll examples below for further details.
- Choose your residency status for tax purposes in Lithuania
- Use the advanced features to edit the hours and days you work, your income and expenses and family situation
- Automatically factor in relevant tax credits and personal income tax allowances in Lithuania
- Each income tax calculation can be printed and/or emailed for your use at a later date
- Did we mention this tax calculator is free to use? Like all of our payroll, salary, and tax calculators, the Lithuania Income Tax Calculator for 2020 is completely free to use. All we ask is that, if you have time, you leave a rating for the calculator and/or share on your favourite social media platform.
Lithuania Income Tax Calculator Instructions
This tax calculator is designed to be intuitive to use and, if you are familiar with the tax calculators on iCalculatorTM you will find it very easy to use.
- Number of Payroll Payments Per Year. This is the number of payments you will receive in a specific period (by default, we set the calculator period to annual, you can change this to daily, weekly, monthly etc using the advanced features).
- Annual Salary. This is the amount of salary you are paid. The Lithuania income tax calculator assumes this is your annual salary before tax. If you wish to enter you monthly salary, weekly or hourly wage, then select the 'Advanced' option on the Lithuania tax calculator and change the 'Employment Income and Employment Expenses period'.
- Resident Status. The Resident status in Lithuania here refers to your tax status, not necessarily your visa type or domicile. From a tax calculation perspective, your Tax Resident Status affects non-refundable tax credits and income tax allowances. As with most countries with an international workforce, Lithuania has numerous tax/fiscal Memorandums of Understanding (MOU) and Tax Treaties in place.
That's it! Just two simple steps to calculate your income tax in Lithuania with supporting calculations for transparency of payroll deductions in Lithuania. Need more from the Lithuania Tax Calculator? Select 'advanced' to access more features of the income tax calculator.
Advanced Features of the Lithuania Income Tax Calculator
- Tax Assessment Year The tax assessment year is defaulted to 2020, you can change the tax year as required to calculate your salary after tax for a specific year.
- Your Age You age is used to calculate specific age related tax credits and allowances in Lithuania.
- Number of Children and Number of Children who qualify for Dependents Allowance The number of children you have and their status is used to calculate specific dependents related tax credits and allowances in Lithuania.
- Number of Working Days in the year The number of working days in the year is used to calculate average daily / weekly etc. earning for the salary calculation and after tax illustrations
- Number of hours worked per week The number of hours worked in the year is used to calculate average daily / weekly / hourly earnings etc. for the salary calculation and after tax illustrations
- Number of weeks worked in the year The number of working weeks in the year is used to calculate average daily / weekly etc. earning for the salary calculation and after tax illustrations
- Employment Income and Employment Expenses period The default Employment Income and Expenses period is 'Annual' meaning the amount you entered as your Employment Income in Lithuania. is your annual salary before tax. You can change this to monthly, weekly, four weekly, hourly salary etc. as required to calculate your net pay in Lithuania..
Lithuania Payroll Examples for Income Tax Calculation
The following payroll examples for Lithuania are provided to illustrate the different payroll scenarios that the Lithuania Income Tax Calculator can support.
Payroll Scenario 1: Annual Salary Calculation
A manager in the HR department at a company looking to recruit a new staff member in Lithuania needs to calculate the cost of the employee from a salary perspective. The new employee will be paid €100,000.00 per annum and the calculation needs to include all relevant business tax, pension commitments and allowances for the HR manager to appraise the company directors before proceeding with recruitment in Lithuania. To complete this calculation:
- In the field Number of Payroll Payments Per Year, enter 1
- In the income box labelled 1, enter the annual salary of €100,000.00
That's it! The tax calculator will automatically calculate the salary and payroll costs and provide an overivew of the calculations including the cost of the employee in Lithuania in 2020.
Payroll Scenario 2: Contractor in Lithuania with Irregular Payments
A contractor working in Lithuania receievs 9 different payments in 2020, they want to calculate their annual tax commitments for their income in Lithuania. To complete this calculation:
- In the field Number of Payroll Payments Per Year, enter 10
- For each of the income inputs, enter the income amounts
- The tax calculator will automatically calculate the total income as you update the fields. Once you have added all 10 income amounts, you will have a full annual salary for the contract in Lithuania in 2020.
That's it! The contractor can now print or email the tax calculation for later reference
Payroll Scenario 3: An Employee in Lithuania with Bonus Payments
An employee received 14 income payments in a year. This include monthly payment, an annual bonus for performance and an additional bonus paid at the end of the business tax year. To complete this calculation:
- In the field Number of Payroll Payments Per Year, enter 14
- In the income inputs 1 to 12, enter each of the monthly income amounts
- In the income inputs 13 and 14, enter each of the bonus amounts.
That's it! You can now see the total income amount and income tax due for the period based on all 14 payment amounts.
Payroll Scenario 4: Tax Calculation for an Employee in Lithuania with Two Jobs
An employee has 2 jobs and gets paid the same amount from each job every week. The employee wants to calculate income tax based of the total income of the two jobs. To complete this calculation:
- In the field Number of Payroll Payments Per Year, enter 2
- Enter the two payroll payments, one from each job, in the two income inputs
- Click on the button "Advanced Tax Calculator" to access the advanced features of the Lithuania Income Tax Calculator
- Change the "Employment Income and Employment Expenses period?" to "1 Weeks". This tells the tax calculator that each of the income amounts entered at step 2 are paid weekly
That's it! The tax calculator will automatically calculate the salary and payroll costs based on the two separate weekly payroll payments.
If you are interested in payroll calculations for employees and staff in Lithuania, you may also wish to try our "True Cost of an Employee in Lithuania Calculator" which is a great tool for identifying the full costs of recruiting in Lithuania and maintaining employment of staff in Lithuania.