What is Other Income?
Other income is the amount of money you receive, from any source, that is an addition to your main revenue.
The Jamaican Government define 'Income' as 'profit or gain from business, trade, profession, vocation, rent, interest, dividends, farming, etc'.
The Jamaican Government define 'Other income' is the amount of money you receive from any source that is an addition to your main revenue.
Example: John receives $4,000 a week as a shop assistant. In addition, he earns $100 a week from a house that he rents out. This makes his total income $4,100 per week, made up of $4,000 main income and $100 'other income'.
Sources of income can include: dividends, farming, fees received from rendering services /subcontracts, interest from a bank, mini-bus/taxi service, pension, rent, sale of goods, etc. When completing a Tax Return, you should declare all of your income sources.
How to Calculator tax on Other Income
Calculating tax on other income has never been easier, simply enter your income and other income(s) into the Jamaica Tax Calculator. The tax calculator will work out the taxes due and provides example calculations so you can understand how your taxes are calculated.
Popular Jamaica Tax & Finance Guides and Calculators
People who read 'What is Other Income? | iCalculator' also viewed the following finance guides and tax calculators:
Jamaica Tax Calculators & Guides
- Annual Tax Calculator 2018/19
- Monthly Tax Calculator
- Four Weekly Tax Calculator
- Fortnightly Tax Calculator
- Weekly Tax Calculator
- Daily Tax Calculator
- Hourly Tax Calculator
- Jamaica Payroll Examples
- Jamaica Tax Calculators
- Jamaica Tax and Finance Terms
- $200,000.00 Salary Example
- $400,000.00 Salary Example
- $600,000.00 Salary Example
- $800,000.00 Salary Example
- $1,000,000.00 Salary Example
- $1,200,000.00 Salary Example
- $1,400,000.00 Salary Example
- $1,600,000.00 Salary Example
- $1,800,000.00 Salary Example
- $1,900,000.00 Salary Example