This calculator calculates loan repayments and and interest payments on loans.
Loan Calculations and Personal Loan Considerations
If you are thinking of taking out a personal loan (secured loan or unsercured loan) it is important that you:
- Use the interest calculator to provide an illustration of monthly loan repayment amounts for different terms and interest rates
- Review the personal loan borrowing considerations before commiting to a loan agreement
- Email the Loan Calculation to yourself. Take a few days and mull over whether you really want to commit to that monthly interest repayment before you commit to the loan.
Use the free online loan calculator to calculate your monthly interest repayments, compare loan repayments over different periods and define what is the most affordable option for your financial situation. The loan calculator will provide your a monthly interest repayment over 1 year,2 years,3 years,4 years,5 years, 10 years and compare them to a monthly repayment period of your choosing (so you can create your own personal loan illustration).
Considerations before taking out a Personal Loan
- Affordability: Be sure you can really afford to make the loan repayments. Only you really know if you can afford a loan or not and taking out loans which you will struggle to repay will only cause you financial hardship and pain in the future. Remember,
- Secured Loans: READ THE SMALL PRINT: Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up your loan repayments (applies to any loan or debt secured on your home).
- Shop around: It always pays to shop around and see what deals are available. Most banks and building societies run promotions at various points of the year. Never assume that one lender is better than the other, look for the good deals as they could save you a lot of money.
- Check the Interest Rate: The most common mistake that lenders make is not fully reading and understanding their loan interest rates. Make sure that the catchy low interest rate is the one you are getting. Most lenders advertise at low interest rates to get you in the door but you are likely to find that achieving the low rates means borrowing large amounts over long terms, this will mean you repay much more money! Don't be tempted!
- Borrow Little, Repay Quickly: The best loan is one repaid quickly. A quick repayment means less interest paid and less stress about your debt.
- Pay Day Loans: Pay day loans are brilliant if you want to destroy your financial credibility, get yourself into spiraling debt and have years of stress and anxiety over your finances. DO NOT use Pay Day lenders. They do not care about you or your finances and will destroy your life simply to make money. At iCalculator, we seriously hope that the government takes measures to outlaw these morally and ethically corrupt businesses.
- Don't Lend at All! It's difficult to avoid taking loans in modern society. Modern life is about consumerism and spending. Our grandparents survived and had healthy life's my getting by and enjoying the rare treats. There is a lot to be said for living a simpler life without financial stress. If you can, save. Make that reward or treat worthwhile my making your money work for YOU and not for someone else.
- Personal Loan or Car Loan? Personal loans normally offer better interest rates than car loans but your really should shop around. Second hand dealerships normally offer ridiculous APR rates and will push you to take the loan, often showing a lower APR that you will receive. Used car loans typically provide large commissions for used car dealerships and will rarely offer a better interest rate that a personal loan. If you are looking to buy a new car, shop around and be patient. Almost every dealership offers a 0% finance deal at some point in the year. You can get your dream car and a dream interest rate if you are patient and buy wisely.
Popular Finance Calculators
People who read 'Loan Calculator: Monthly Interest Calculator and Personal Loan Repayment Illustration' also viewed the following finance guides and finance calculators:
Finance and Tax Calculators
- Debt Payoff Calculator
- Credit Card Calculator: Fixed V's Minimum Payment
- Credit Card Repayment Calculator
- Payday Loan Calculator
- Loan Calculator
- Early Repayment Loan Calculator
- Car Loan Calculator
- PCP Car Loan Calculator
- Logbook Loan Calculator
- Personal Loan Calculator
- How much can I borrow?
- Mortgage Calculator
- Early Repayment Calculator
- Mortgage Comparison Calculator
- Mortgage Discount Points Calculator
- Stamp Duty Tax Calculator
- Rental Property Calculator
- Balloon Mortgage Calculator
- Buy to Let Mortgage Calculator
- Buy to Let Mortgage Investment Profit Calculator
- Household Electrical Consumption Calculator
- Savings and Debt Comparison Calculator
- Household Budget Calculator
- Present Value Calculator
- Future Value Calculator
- Payments / Repayments Calculator
- Rule of 72 Calculator
- Savings Calculator (Goal Amount)
- US Treasury Bill Calculator [ T-Bill Calculator ]
- Invoice Calculator
- CAGR Calculator
- Perpetuity Calculator
- Effective Annual Rate Calculator
- Margin Calculator
- Current Ratio Calculator
- Dividends Calculator 2019/20
- Corporation Tax Calculator 2019/20
- Capital Gains Tax Calculator 2019/20
- UK Salary Calculators (PAYE Calculators)
- Landlord Income Tax (UK Only)
- US Salary Calculators (Federal Tax Calculators)
- AU Salary Calculators (Income Tax Calculators)
- JM Salary Calculators (Income Tax Calculators)
- CA Salary Calculators (Federal & Province)
- UK Employer NIC Calculator 2019 / 2020 tax year
- IR35 Status Calculator: In or Out?
- IR35 Calculators
- PAYE Calculator: Outside IR35, VAT Registered
- PAYE Calculator: Outside IR35, Non VAT Registered
- PAYE Calculator: Inside IR35, VAT Registered
- PAYE Calculator: Inside IR35, Non VAT Registered
- Employer NICS Calculator
- VAT Calculator
- Contractor Business Loan Calculator
- Profit Calculator
- Small Business Rate Relief Calculator
- VAT Calculator
- Stamp Duty Tax Calculator
- UK Salary Calculator
- United States Salary Calculator
- Canada Salary Calculator
- India Salary Calculator
- Australia Salary Calculator
- Jamaica Salary Calculator
- Singapore Salary Calculator
- Exchange Rate Calculator
- Forex Margin Calculator
- Retirement Calculator - Traditional IRA calculator
- Retirement Calculator - ROTH IRA calculator
- Retirement Comparison Calculator - ROTH and IRA
- Depreciation Comparison Calculator
- Annuity Depreciation Calculator
- Straight Line Depreciation Calculator
- Percentage (Declining Balance) Depreciation Calculator
- Forex Exchange Rate
- Forex Currency Pair
- Forex Leverage
- Forex Market
- Forex Trading
- Forex Margin Call
- Forex Margin Ratio
- Forex Margin Used
- Forex Maintenance Margin
- Forex: Price Interest Points (PIPs)
Self Assessment 2018
Don't leave your 2019/20 Self Assessment to the last minute this year, update your information on the go and save time and stress, you will probably save yourself a few pounds too. Grab a free trial now and make tax less taxing.