Gas Mileage Comparison Calculator
Are you planning to buy a new car? Or just want to compare your car's mileage with some other car. Gas mileage comparisons can be a useful technique for comparing mileage of different types of vehicles. It can further help you in many ways to save on fuel and make you more aware about your regular consumption. All such calculations may look tedious to you at first but you will love it if you have an automatic tool that works with few simple inputs of yours.
Gas Mileage Comparison Calculator Results
|Yearly Fuel Cost of Current Vehicle|
|Yearly Fuel Cost for Your New Vehicle|
|Yearly Fuel Savings|
|Yearly Fuel Savings in 5 Years|
Gas Mileage Comparison Calculator: A Step Towards Fuel Conservation & SavingsiCalculator
has designed an online calculator that helps you compare mileage and opt for fuel efficient vehicles. It's online (so you can use it on your PC, mobile phone or tablet), easy to use, and helps you take right decisions pertaining to your vehicles. You can use the calculator to compare different vehicles for fuel mileage. It will tell you the accurate amount of money that you can save on opting for a different or new vehicle. Not just that, you can also learn about the amount of money that can be saved yearly and in 5 years. All in all, it's the best way to decide when to buy a new vehicle or how to make your existing vehicle cost-effective till you get a better deal. Let's take a look at how you can use this gas mileage calculator and draw inferences out of it.
You have to first enter the following details:
- Approximate miles driven per year: Enter the number of approximate miles you drive your car in a year or are expecting the new car to be driven.
- Average fuel mileage on current vehicle: The approximate mileage that you are getting from your current vehicle.
- Average fuel mileage on new vehicle: The average fuel mileage that is advertised or promised on the new vehicle that you are planning to purchase or mileage of any other vehicle that you want to compare with your current vehicle.
- Average Fuel price: The average fuel price in your country.
On the basis of the above inputs made by you, the calculator will provide you with the following results:
- Yearly fuel cost of current vehicle: This will be the approximate value that you spend on fuel for running your current vehicle for a year.
- Yearly fuel cost of your new vehicle: The approximate yearly value of the new or other comparable vehicle that you can expect to be spending on fuel.
- Yearly fuel savings: This is the value of money that you can expect to save yearly, if you choose to go for the new vehicle.
- Yearly fuel savings in 5 years: This is the above value multiplied by 5, thus showing the 5 years of monetary savings on fuel.
Tips to Increase Your Gas Mileage
Conservative use of fuel is not only easy on your pockets, but also serves as a preventive measure to save the environment as it cuts down emissions into the air. It is also significant for any economy trying to reduce its dependence on oil. Let's take a look at a few ways that can help us in reducing fuel usage by increasing gas mileage of your vehicle.
- Need for speed: The very first thing that comes to mind when we are talking about cars is speed. Did you know that you can save fuel by just taking it easy on the accelerator? Additionally, the sudden acceleration and stopping abruptly can as well cause the fuel to burn more. Put simply just follow the traffic rules, they are made for your convenience.
- The extra weight: The more a vehicle is burdened the more fuel it will burn, So leave the stuff you don't need at all times behind and don't let your car work harder than it should. You may as well get rid of those roof racks and other storage accessories that you don't really need.
- Roll up the windows: It is a known fact that the car running with open windows needs to work harder in order to move forward, thus consuming more fuel. Driving the car with rolled up windows or with just a crack opened will save on fuel.
- Check the tyres: This is the easiest way of saving on fuel. Inflating the tyres to the correct pressure will improve the gas mileage effectively. Running on low tyre pressure will create resistance and will make it harder for your vehicle to run, which will cause more fuel to burn.
You may also find the following Finance calculators useful.