Beginning Inventory Calculator
The Beginning Inventory Calculator allows you to calculate the value of all inventory held at the start of the accounting period, this represents thevalue of stock/goods that can be used to generate revenue via sales for the period used.
Beginning Inventory Calculator Results
Why do I need to know the Beginning Inventory?
Calculating the Beginning Inventory allows you to identify / confirm inventory change for defined accounting periods to understand shifts in stock inventory on specific lines which in turn:
- Identifies any lost stock (breakages, pilfering, damages, unaccounted returns, poor inventory management).
- Increases / decreases in specific products / lines, particularly useful for ensuring sufficient stock to meet customer demand (see Available to Promise for more information).
- Supply Chain issues (Push / Pull Available To Promise (ATP) process / execution problems)
- Inventory Management process issues (unnecessary delays in accounting for returns / processing data for stock control etc.
- Internal Audit - drives good internal process practice and helps to identify, resolve and sustain good business accounting/business process procedure
You may also find the following Finance calculators useful.