Deduction for Copyright Income
Copyright Income is accounted for within your tax return as part of line 297 (MISCELLANEOUS DEDUCTIONS). You may have more than once miscellaneous deductions and specify the code 88 in box 296 or, if using just one, enter the appropriate miscellaneous deductions code. If you are only including your copyright income, enter code '16'.
The Copyright Income Calculator below will calculate the relevant amount to enter on line 297, simply enter your copyright income.
|4||x 0.5 =||5|
|Deduction for |
About Copyright Income Tax Relief
Income gained from copyright revenue can be used to reduced your taxable income (the figure that your tax is computed on). Specific earnings thresholds and splits apply as shown within the steps on the Copyright Income Calculator.
Copyright income deductions can be claimed by performing artists, or artists within the meaning of the Act respecting the professional status of artists in the visual arts, arts and crafts and literature, and their contracts with promoters or the Act respecting the professional status and conditions of engagement of performing, recording and film artists.
In order to claim a copyright income deduction you must be the first owner of the copyright (copyrights include public lending rights).
Popular Canada Tax & Finance Guides and Calculators
People who read 'WORK CHART 297 Calculator - Deduction for copyright income' also viewed the following finance guides and tax calculators:
Canada Tax Calculators & Guides
- Annual Tax Calculator 2018/19
- Monthly Tax Calculator
- Four Weekly Tax Calculator
- Fortnightly Tax Calculator
- Weekly Tax Calculator
- Daily Tax Calculator
- Hourly Tax Calculator
- Canada Capital Gains Tax Calculator
- Federal & Province Tax Calculator 2018/19
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan
- Eligible Dividends
- Canada Pension Plan
- Lifetime Capital Gains Exemption
- Alberta Tax Calculator
- British Columbia Tax Calculator
- Manitoba Tax Calculator
- New Brunswick Tax Calculator
- Newfoundland and Labrador Tax Calculator
- Northwest Territories Tax Calculator
- Nova Scotia Tax Calculator
- Nunavut Tax Calculator
- Ontario Tax Calculator
- Prince Edward Island Tax Calculator
- Quebec Tax Calculator
- Saskatchewan Tax Calculator
- Yukon Tax Calculator