T1 - Working Income Tax Benefit (WITB) Calculator
You can claim Working Income Tax Benefit if:
- You were resident in Canada for all of 2015
- Your income came from employment or business
- You were 19 years or older at the end of the year, or resided with your spouse, common-law partner or child.
Additional criterea apply, see notes below the Working Income Tax Benefit calculator for further details
You cannot claim if:
- You were a full time student for more than 13 weeks at a designated educational institution, unless you had an eligible dependant
- You were in prison or similar institution for at least 90 days over the year.
If your income is more than $3000 you can claim Basic WITB
You can claim WITB disability supplement if you are eligible and your working income is more than $1150
If you were married or in a common-law relationship but did not have an eligible spouse or dependant, follow the instructions as if you neither an eligible spouse or dependant
You can claim WITB for a deceased person who meets the required conditions, if the death was after June 30 2015.
How the calculator works:
Part A calculates the Working Income
Part B calculates the Family Net Income
Step 2 Calculates the Basic WITB
Step 3 Calculates the WITB Disability Supplement
A table showing the Adjusted family net income levels is displayed underneath the calculator.
See line 453 in the General Income Tax and Benefit guide for 2015 for more information.
Here are a collection of some of our other finance calculators.