What is Married Couple's Tax Allowance?
Married Couples Tax Allowance is a legacy tax allowance. In order to qualify for Married Couple's Tax Allowance at least one spouse must have been born before 6 April 1935.
The ruling on Married Couple's Tax Allowance changed on 5th December 2005, at which times rules which changed to allow for civil partnerships and for either member to claim for the allowance, before this time only the husband could claim.
Actual amounts of Married Couple's Tax Allowance vary depending on what you earn but typically equate to a 10% reduction on the amount paid to HMRC.
Married Couples Tax Allowance News
The latest updates and news on changes to Married Couple Tax Allowance.
Popular Tax Terms Guides and Calculators
People who read 'Tax Terminology: Married Couple's Tax Allowance | iCalculator' also viewed the following tax terms, payroll tools and calculators:
Salary Calculators & Tools
- 2017/18 PAYE Tax Calculator (UK)
- 2017 Tax Calculator (US)
- 2017 Tax Calculator (CN)
- 2017 Tax Calculator (CA)
- 2017 Tax Calculator (AU)
- 2017 Tax Calculator (IN)
- 2017 Tax Calculator (JM)
- Employer NIC Calculator
- Mortgage Calculator
- Personal Loan Calculator
- Global Tax Calculators
- Dividends Calculator 2017/18
- Corporation Tax Calculator 2017/18
- VAT Calculator
- Small Business Rate Relief Calculator
- Payslip Calculator and Analysis
- Employer NIC's Calculator
- Employer NIC Salary Examples
- Labor Cost Per Employee Calculator
- Revenue Per Employee Calculator
- Simplified TimeSheet Calculator
- Timesheet Calculator
- True Cost Of An Employee Calculator
- Bradford Factor Calculator
- Cost Per Hire Calculator
- Turnover Rate Calculator
- Performance Management Calculator
- Time To Fill Open Vacancies Calculator
- Turnover Cost Calculator
- First Year Employment Turnover Rate Calculator