What is Blind Person's Tax Allowance?
Blind Person's Tax Allowance is an allowance which increases the amount an individual can earn before they pay tax if they meet specific criteria.
- You are certified blind and are on a local authority register of blind persons.
- You live in Scotland or Northern Ireland and are unable to perform any work for which eyesight is essential.
If you are entitled to Blind Person's Tax Allowance but you are on a low income or if you don't pay any tax you may be able to transfer your Blind Person's Allowance to your spouse or civil partner.
Popular Tax Terms Guides and Calculators
People who read 'Tax Terminology: Blind Person's Tax Allowance' also viewed the following tax terms, payroll tools and calculators:
Salary Calculators & Tools
- 2016/17 PAYE Tax Calculator (UK)
- 2017 Tax Calculator (US)
- 2017 Tax Calculator (CN)
- 2017 Tax Calculator (CA)
- 2017 Tax Calculator (AU)
- 2017 Tax Calculator (IN)
- 2017 Tax Calculator (JM)
- Employer NIC Calculator
- Mortgage Calculator
- Personal Loan Calculator
- Global Tax Calculators
- Dividends Calculator 2017/18
- Corporation Tax Calculator 2017/18
- VAT Calculator
- Small Business Rate Relief Calculator
- Payslip Calculator and Analysis
- Employer NIC's Calculator
- Employer NIC Salary Examples
- Labor Cost Per Employee Calculator
- Revenue Per Employee Calculator
- Simplified TimeSheet Calculator
- Timesheet Calculator
- True Cost Of An Employee Calculator
- Bradford Factor Calculator
- Cost Per Hire Calculator
- Turnover Rate Calculator
- Performance Management Calculator
- Time To Fill Open Vacancies Calculator
- Turnover Cost Calculator
- First Year Employment Turnover Rate Calculator