Did you hear George Osborne's Summer Budget statement? Use the 2016/17 Tax Calculator to see how your take home paye will change in the 2016/17 tax year.
How to Calculate PAYE
Calculating your PAYE and working out how your payslip is structured and calculated is now simple. Further down this page you will find a full PAYE, National Insurance etc. payslip explanation with all calculations broken down for ease of understanding. View tax analysis of this calculation
- £ 26,470.00 per annum Salary Illustration
- £ 26,470.00 per annum Full Tax Breakdwon
- £ 26,470.00 per annum Graphical Analysis
This Tax Calculations includes a full salary illustration for an employee earning £ 26,470.00 per annum and provides a full illustration of:
- PAYE calculation for employee earning £ 26,470.00 per annum.
- Employees NIC's calculation for employee earning £ 26,470.00 per annum.
- Employers NIC's calculation for employee earning £ 26,470.00 per annum.
- Personal Allowance calculation for employee earning £ 26,470.00 per annum. Calculation based on standard Personal Allowance status (e.g. not blind on in receipt of tax rebate or tax code adjustment).
The Tax calculator is updated for 2017/18 tax year and uses 2017/18 tax year as default to produce the tax illustration and calculations below.
Looking for a great deal on your mortgage? Did you know that based on an annual salary of £ 26,470.00 that you could borrow between £79,410.00 and £119,115.00. The amount you can borrow for a mortgage depends on your annual earnings, regular outgoings, credit score, other financial commitments and the mortgage provider you choose. Different mortgage provider use different rates and lend different amounts dependent on your circumstances. Mortgage Repayment Calculator. Free Mortgage Comparison, Quote and Affordability Assessment
Tax Calculation Breakdown and Analysis
- Hours Worked Working week based on 37.5 hours per week.
Note: Working hours is only used as a metric when calculating salary based on your hourly rate.
- Gross Income An annual salary of £26470 has been used for this tax calculation
- Private Pension No Pension funds/contributions have been applied in this tax calculation
- Company Pension: Employee No Company Pension Employee contributions have been applied in this tax calculation
- Company Pension: Employer No Company Pension Employer contributions have been applied in this tax calculation
- Employer NIC Your employer will pay £2533.404 Employers NIC's per annum in this tax illustration. Employers NIC's Calculation: Gross Income - Employers NIC's Threshold = Amount subject to Employers NIC's £26470 - £8112 = £18358
Amount subject to Employers NIC's x Employers NIC's Rate = Annual Employers NIC's due
18358 x 13.8% = £2533.404
Your employer will pay £2533.404 Employers NIC's per annum in this tax illustration
- Blind Allowance There have been no Blind Person's Personal allowances applied in this tax calculation.
- Personal Allowance A personal Allowance of £11000 has been used for this tax calculation
- Taxable Income Taxable Income is the amount of earning you will be taxed on after Tax deductible amounts have been applied. A Taxable Income of £15470 has been used for this tax calculation Taxable Income Calculation: Taxable Income = Gross Income - Personal Allowance(s) - Blind Allowance - Company Pension Employee Contributionss
£15470 = £26470 - £11000 - £0 - £0
A Taxable Income of £15470 has been used for this tax calculation.
- Student Loan There have been no Student Loan Deductions applied in this tax calculation.
- Employee NIC You will pay £2209.2 NIC's per annum in this tax illustration Employee NIC's Calculation: Secondary Threshold (ST) Deduction = £2209.2 ( 12% on earnings over £7965 per annum )
Employee NIC's = Secondary Threshold (ST) Deduction
£2209.2 = £2209.2
You will pay £2209.2 NIC's per annum in this tax illustration
- Income Tax You will pay £3094 Income tax via PAYE per annum in this tax illustration Income Tax Calculation: Basic Rate = £3094 ( £154.7 x 20% :: Taxable earning less than £15470 for 2016 Tax Year )
Income Tax Due = Basic Rate
£3094 = £3094
You will pay £3094 Income tax via PAYE per annum in this tax illustration
Tax calculations and salary breakdown is not always as simple as it should be. Payslips are often streamlined and hardly ever explain the tax breakdown, how PAYE and NI have been calculated or salary sacrifice or pay deductions applied. The Tax Calculator provides a full breakdown of earning, tax, PAYE, NI and explains exactly how your take home pay has been calculated.
The tax illustration and calculations below are for an individual earning £ 26,470.00 per annum in the 2017/18 Tax Year
Personal Allowances are applied in full. There are no additional allowances or deductions made (Blind Allowance etc). You can produce a full bespoke tax breakdown using our tax calculator, this allows you to input and alter the tax calculation to suit your personal circumstances.
Tax Saving Tips
Do you want to pay less tax legally? Are you aware of what you can do to make the most of your earnings rather than pumping them into the treasury? Out Top 10 Tax Savings Tips packed full of useful tips that provide example of how to legally pay less tax and increase your tax home pay or offset tax payments by investing your earnings.
People who used this calculator also viewed:
Tax Calculator & Tools
- Annual Pay Calculator 2017/18
- Salary Sacrifice Calculator 2017/18
- Monthly Pay Calculator
- Fortnightly Pay Calculator
- Weekly Pay Calculator
- Daily Pay Calculator
- Hourly Pay Calculator
- 2017/18 PAYE Calculator
- Pay Rise Calculator
- Landlord Income Tax (2017/18 Tax Year)
- Global Tax Calculators
- Dividends Calculator 2017/18
- Corporation Tax Calculator 2017/18
- VAT Calculator
- Small Business Rate Relief Calculator
- Payslip Calculator and Analysis
- Employer NIC's Calculator
- Employer NIC Salary Examples
- Labor Cost Per Employee Calculator
- Revenue Per Employee Calculator
- Simplified TimeSheet Calculator
- Timesheet Calculator
- True Cost Of An Employee Calculator
- Bradford Factor Calculator
- Cost Per Hire Calculator
- Turnover Rate Calculator
- Performance Management Calculator
- Time To Fill Open Vacancies Calculator
- Turnover Cost Calculator
- First Year Employment Turnover Rate Calculator