Forex Margin Calculator
Convert and calculate foreign exchange to identify profit opportunities when buying and selling currency.
What is Forex?
Forex is the abbreviation for Foreign exchange and may be referred to as FX. Forex is the exchange of one currency for another (American Dollars into British Pounds for example) at an agreed exchange price on the over-the-counter (OTC) market. Forex is the world's most traded market, with an average turnover in excess of US$4 trillion per day. By investing huge sums of money, Forex investors turn pennies into millions of pounds on the whim of changes in currency value. This is one of the key reasons that emerging markets, GDP growth/shrink and economic changes are monitored so closely in the financial markets.
What is Forex Leverage?
Leverage is a common financial term which, in simple terms is the ration of company debt to company investment/shares. Leverage is sometimes referred to as Gearing.
In business terms, leverage can be described as The ability to influence a system/environment to multiply the output without increasing the input.
What is Forex Margin?
Forex Margin is the ratio between the actual trade investment (let's say £1,000.00) and the actual deposit that the forex investor makes.
With a Forex Margin Ratio of 100:1 our Forex Investor would only need to deposit £10.00
Forex Conversion Rate Card
All exchange rates are updated daily. The Forex Conversion Rate Card displays Euros, American Dollars, British Pounds and Australian Dollars as default. The Forex rate Card shows a 1:1 Margin Ratio.
|Country, Currency and Currency Code||1 Euro =||1 British Pound =||1 American Dollar =||1 Australian Dollar =|
|Euro Member Countries (Euro) EUR||1||1.12||0.86||0.68|
|United States (Dollar) USD||1.1648||1.3||1||0.79|
|Japan (Yen) JPY||129.09||144.48||110.83||88.05|
|Bulgaria (Lev) BGN||1.9558||2.19||1.68||1.33|
|Czech Republic (Koruna) CZK||26.024||29.13||22.34||17.75|
|Denmark (Krone) DKK||7.4361||8.32||6.38||5.07|
|United Kingdom (Pound) GBP||0.89350||1||0.77||0.61|
|Hungary (Forint) HUF||305.15||341.52||261.98||208.14|
|Poland (Zloty) PLN||4.2408||4.75||3.64||2.89|
|Romania (New Leu) RON||4.5638||5.11||3.92||3.11|
|Sweden (Krona) SEK||9.5883||10.73||8.23||6.54|
|Switzerland (Franc) CHF||1.1020||1.23||0.95||0.75|
|Norway (Krone) NOK||9.3525||10.47||8.03||6.38|
|Croatia (Kuna) HRK||7.4098||8.29||6.36||5.05|
|Russia (Ruble) RUB||69.8567||78.18||59.97||47.65|
|Turkey (Lira) TRY||4.1378||4.63||3.55||2.82|
|Australia (Dollar) AUD||1.4661||1.64||1.26||1|
|Brazil (Real) BRL||3.6543||4.09||3.14||2.49|
|Canada (Dollar) CAD||1.4584||1.63||1.25||0.99|
|China (Yuan Renminbi) CNY||7.8622||8.8||6.75||5.36|
|Hong Kong (Dollar) HKD||9.0931||10.18||7.81||6.2|
|Indonesia (Rupiah) IDR||15516.30||17365.75||13321||10583.38|
|Israel (Shekel) ILS||4.1811||4.68||3.59||2.85|
|India (Rupee) INR||75.0105||83.95||64.4||51.16|
|South Korea (Won) KRW||1299.12||1453.97||1115.32||886.11|
|Mexico (Peso) MXN||20.5982||23.05||17.68||14.05|
|Malaysia (Ringgit) MYR||4.9848||5.58||4.28||3.4|
|New Zealand (Dollar) NZD||1.5657||1.75||1.34||1.07|
|Philippines (Peso) PHP||59.001||66.03||50.65||40.24|
|Singapore (Dollar) SGD||1.5859||1.77||1.36||1.08|
|Thailand (Baht) THB||38.893||43.53||33.39||26.53|
|South Africa (Rand) ZAR||15.0916||16.89||12.96||10.29|
Forex: Supporting guides and articles
- Forex Exchange Rate: Exchange rate is the price of one currency in another currency. Exchange rate is also known as the rate of exchange
- Forex Currency Pair: When you deal in the forex market, you deal in currency pairs. You cannot buy an individual currency. Instead you buy units of currency pairs.
- Forex Leverage: Forex leverage refers to investing in the forex market on a credit basis or by using debt.
- Forex Market: Forex or the foreign exchange market is used by people for buying and selling of currencies. The forex market is also known as the currency market.
- Forex Trading: Forex trading refers to the buying and selling of currencies to take advantage of the price movements and volatility of the forex market.
- Forex Margin Call: Margin call is a call from your forex broker when your account balance goes below the maintenance margin.
- Forex Margin Ratio: Forex Trading: Margin ratio is used for expressing the forex leverage in a ratio format.
- Forex Margin Used: Margin used indicates the amount you have actually used in a Forex trade, excluding any leverage.
- Forex Maintenance Margin: Maintenance margin refers to the minimum amount you need to maintain in your forex trading account.
- Forex: Price Interest Points (PIPs): PIPs or Price Interest Points are commonly used by forex traders to indicate profits or losses.
Popular Finance Calculators
People who read 'Forex Leverage: Forex Margin Calculator' also viewed the following finance guides and finance calculators:
Finance and Tax Calculators
- Debt Payoff Calculator
- Credit Card Calculator: Fixed V's Minimum Payment
- Credit Card Repayment Calculator
- Payday Loan Calculator
- Loan Calculator
- Early Repayment Loan Calculator
- Car Loan Calculator
- PCP Car Loan Calculator
- Logbook Loan Calculator
- Personal Loan Calculator
- How much can I borrow?
- Mortgage Calculator
- Early Repayment Calculator
- Mortgage Comparison Calculator
- Mortgage Discount Points Calculator
- Stamp Duty Tax Calculator
- Rental Property Calculator
- Balloon Mortgage Calculator
- Buy to Let Mortgage Calculator
- Buy to Let Mortgage Investment Profit Calculator
- Household Electrical Consumption Calculator
- Savings and Debt Comparison Calculator
- Household Budget Calculator
- Present Value Calculator
- Future Value Calculator
- Payments / Repayments Calculator
- Rule of 72 Calculator
- Savings Calculator (Goal Amount)
- US Treasury Bill Calculator [ T-Bill Calculator ]
- Invoice Calculator
- CAGR Calculator
- Perpetuity Calculator
- Effective Annual Rate Calculator
- Margin Calculator
- Current Ratio Calculator
- Dividends Calculator 2017/18
- Corporation Tax Calculator 2017/18
- Capital Gains Tax Calculator 2017/18
- UK Salary Calculators (PAYE Calculators)
- Landlord Income Tax (UK Only)
- US Salary Calculators (Federal Tax Calculators)
- AU Salary Calculators (Income Tax Calculators)
- JM Salary Calculators (Income Tax Calculators)
- CA Salary Calculators (Federal & Province)
- UK Employer NIC Calculator 2017 / 2018 tax year
- IR35 Status Calculator: In or Out?
- IR35 Calculators
- PAYE Calculator: Outside IR35, VAT Registered
- PAYE Calculator: Outside IR35, Non VAT Registered
- PAYE Calculator: Inside IR35, VAT Registered
- PAYE Calculator: Inside IR35, Non VAT Registered
- Employer NICS Calculator
- VAT Calculator
- Contractor Business Loan Calculator
- Profit Calculator
- Small Business Rate Relief Calculator
- VAT Calculator
- Stamp Duty Tax Calculator
- UK Salary Calculator
- United States Salary Calculator
- Canada Salary Calculator
- India Salary Calculator
- Australia Salary Calculator
- Jamaica Salary Calculator
- Singapore Salary Calculator
- Exchange Rate Calculator
- Forex Margin Calculator
- Retirement Calculator - Traditional IRA calculator
- Retirement Calculator - ROTH IRA calculator
- Retirement Comparison Calculator - ROTH and IRA
- Depreciation Comparison Calculator
- Annuity Depreciation Calculator
- Straight Line Depreciation Calculator
- Percentage (Declining Balance) Depreciation Calculator