Current Ratio Calculator
The current ratio calculator allows you to calculate the comparison between current assets and current liabilities.
What is a Current Ratio?
The current ratio is a direct comparison of a companies current assets to current liabilities. A current ratio calculator looks to define the relationship that compares between those two numbers for year on year financial trends.
- Enter Asset and Liability Value
- The current ratio calculator will calculate as you type
- A year on year ratio trend graph will build as you type
How do I calculate the Current Ratio?
Use the current ratio calculator to calculate current ratio, historical financial ratios and year on year ratio changes. The current ratio calculator will then calculate trends and provide a graph of results for your financial year on year metrics.
- Start at the first year you have financial figures for (in this Current Ratio Calculator, you can only go back as far as 2007).
- Add financial data for assets and liabilities for each year, finishing with your latest financial results
- The Current ratio calculator will calculate ratios and update the trend graph as you go along
How to Calculate the Current Ratio
Calculating the current ratio is very simple. Simple divide a companies current assets by their current liabilities.
What are Current Ratios used for?
Current Ratios are used to define whether a company, sales line or product is performing well or performing badly.
Current Ratios are most effective when compared against historical data. This will typically be year on year comparison as shown in this Current Ratio Calculator. Corporations will typically track their current ratios on a month by month basis or quarterly
More importantly for companies, current ratios and historical ratio trends are used by credit agencies as part of the means testing for loans and investments. A positive ratio means a good performance period on period (whether month, quarter or year).
Popular Finance Calculators
People who read 'Current Ratio Calculator - iCalculator Online Calculators' also viewed the following finance guides and finance calculators:
Finance and Tax Calculators
- Debt Payoff Calculator
- Credit Card Calculator: Fixed V's Minimum Payment
- Credit Card Repayment Calculator
- Payday Loan Calculator
- Loan Calculator
- Early Repayment Loan Calculator
- Car Loan Calculator
- PCP Car Loan Calculator
- Logbook Loan Calculator
- Personal Loan Calculator
- How much can I borrow?
- Mortgage Calculator
- Early Repayment Calculator
- Mortgage Comparison Calculator
- Mortgage Discount Points Calculator
- Stamp Duty Tax Calculator
- Rental Property Calculator
- Balloon Mortgage Calculator
- Buy to Let Mortgage Calculator
- Buy to Let Mortgage Investment Profit Calculator
- Household Electrical Consumption Calculator
- Savings and Debt Comparison Calculator
- Household Budget Calculator
- Present Value Calculator
- Future Value Calculator
- Payments / Repayments Calculator
- Rule of 72 Calculator
- Savings Calculator (Goal Amount)
- US Treasury Bill Calculator [ T-Bill Calculator ]
- Invoice Calculator
- CAGR Calculator
- Perpetuity Calculator
- Effective Annual Rate Calculator
- Margin Calculator
- Current Ratio Calculator
- Dividends Calculator 2017/18
- Corporation Tax Calculator 2017/18
- Capital Gains Tax Calculator 2017/18
- UK Salary Calculators (PAYE Calculators)
- Landlord Income Tax (UK Only)
- US Salary Calculators (Federal Tax Calculators)
- AU Salary Calculators (Income Tax Calculators)
- JM Salary Calculators (Income Tax Calculators)
- CA Salary Calculators (Federal & Province)
- UK Employer NIC Calculator 2017 / 2018 tax year
- IR35 Status Calculator: In or Out?
- IR35 Calculators
- PAYE Calculator: Outside IR35, VAT Registered
- PAYE Calculator: Outside IR35, Non VAT Registered
- PAYE Calculator: Inside IR35, VAT Registered
- PAYE Calculator: Inside IR35, Non VAT Registered
- Employer NICS Calculator
- VAT Calculator
- Contractor Business Loan Calculator
- Profit Calculator
- Small Business Rate Relief Calculator
- VAT Calculator
- Stamp Duty Tax Calculator
- UK Salary Calculator
- United States Salary Calculator
- Canada Salary Calculator
- India Salary Calculator
- Australia Salary Calculator
- Jamaica Salary Calculator
- Singapore Salary Calculator
- Exchange Rate Calculator
- Forex Margin Calculator
- Retirement Calculator - Traditional IRA calculator
- Retirement Calculator - ROTH IRA calculator
- Retirement Comparison Calculator - ROTH and IRA
- Depreciation Comparison Calculator
- Annuity Depreciation Calculator
- Straight Line Depreciation Calculator
- Percentage (Declining Balance) Depreciation Calculator