Canada Tax Federal Worksheet - Line 410
Federal political contribution tax credit
Line 410 allows you to declare any contributions you have made to a registered federal political party or to a candidate for election to the House of Commons.
Line 410 calculates a tax credit which is applied against your tax return.
Did you know?
1. A federal contribution can be claimed by either spouse (or common-law partner), but one contribution receipt cannot be split between spouses
2. The Canada Elections Act, s. 367 imposes maximum contribution limits for federal political contributions. The amounts indicated in the Act are indexed for inflation. For current limits, see Elections Canada Limits on Contributions.
3. If you have a spouse and want to contribute more than the defined limit in one year, it would be better to make two separate contributions to reduce your tax return bill.
4. Provincial and Territorial Political Contributions - you can also claim a tax credit for contributions made within your province or territory. This is then deducted from your provincial or territorial tax payable.
5. You can calculate your tax return, including line 410 using our free tax calculator here [add link]
Popular Canada Tax & Finance Guides and Calculators
People who read 'Line 410 Federal Worksheet Calculator for 2016 / 2017 Tax Tables' also viewed the following finance guides and tax calculators:
Canada Tax Calculators & Guides
- Annual Tax Calculator 2016/17
- Monthly Tax Calculator
- Four Weekly Tax Calculator
- Fortnightly Tax Calculator
- Weekly Tax Calculator
- Daily Tax Calculator
- Hourly Tax Calculator
- Canada Capital Gains Tax Calculator
- Federal & Province Tax Calculator 2016/17
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan
- Eligible Dividends
- Canada Pension Plan
- Lifetime Capital Gains Exemption
- Alberta Tax Calculator
- British Columbia Tax Calculator
- Manitoba Tax Calculator
- New Brunswick Tax Calculator
- Newfoundland and Labrador Tax Calculator
- Northwest Territories Tax Calculator
- Nova Scotia Tax Calculator
- Nunavut Tax Calculator
- Ontario Tax Calculator
- Prince Edward Island Tax Calculator
- Quebec Tax Calculator
- Saskatchewan Tax Calculator
- Yukon Tax Calculator