T1 Family Tax Cut Calculator
NOTE - in the following text the term "partner" is used for your spouse or common-law partner.
Enter your and your partner's details in steps 1 and 2. step 3 will calculate automatically.
Charts 1 and 2 are tax calculation charts for you and your partner, these will also calculate automatically when you update the various tax fields.
Complete chart 3 for adjustments for the family caregiver amount (this will be passed to line 13 in step 2)
See line 423 in the guide to see if you are eligible for the family tax cut. Complete this schedule to claim the family tax cut, one claim per family.
Attach a copy of this schedule to your return and ensure that you complete and attach the "Information about your spouse or common-law partner" section on page 1 of your return.
In order to receive the maximum benefit of this credit you must ensure you and your spouse or common-law partner claim all of the non-refundable tax credits you may be entitled to when completing Schedule 1, Federal Tax, even if you do not think that you need the amounts to reduce your or your spouse's or common-law partner's tax. Complete both of the columns.
Popular Canada Tax & Finance Guides and Calculators
People who read 'T1 Family Tax Cut Calculator for 2016 / 2017 Tax Tables' also viewed the following finance guides and tax calculators:
Canada Tax Calculators & Guides
- Annual Tax Calculator 2016/17
- Monthly Tax Calculator
- Four Weekly Tax Calculator
- Fortnightly Tax Calculator
- Weekly Tax Calculator
- Daily Tax Calculator
- Hourly Tax Calculator
- Canada Capital Gains Tax Calculator
- Federal & Province Tax Calculator 2016/17
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan
- Eligible Dividends
- Canada Pension Plan
- Lifetime Capital Gains Exemption
- Alberta Tax Calculator
- British Columbia Tax Calculator
- Manitoba Tax Calculator
- New Brunswick Tax Calculator
- Newfoundland and Labrador Tax Calculator
- Northwest Territories Tax Calculator
- Nova Scotia Tax Calculator
- Nunavut Tax Calculator
- Ontario Tax Calculator
- Prince Edward Island Tax Calculator
- Quebec Tax Calculator
- Saskatchewan Tax Calculator
- Yukon Tax Calculator